Friday, September 1, 2017

How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm after they've seen Pari??

The two hour French wine tasting
Arc de Triomphe
I've known Jack and Toni O'Neill for over 40 years... Jack was the guy that took me on my first 90-day submarine mission back in 1974. So when he and Toni notified us they were going to be at a relative's apartment on the outskirts of Paris what were we to do?? Ignore the obvious eventuality?!? Nay, I say!  But what, you ask, does this have to do with our Letohrad trip.  Let me tell you.  Back in 2009 there were 11 Czech visitors from the church here that visited FirstPres in Annapolis.  Now, Jack and Toni live on Charles Street and were having a block party that fateful day.  It seems that one of our visitors, Maria Luxova, had wandered away from a gathering at the church and became disoriented.  I get this call from Jack that, quote, "I have your check."  What, I don't owe you anything, what do you mean I have your check...  Yea, you got it... "I have your Czech."   So we saunter over and find Maria contently having a glass of wine with the block gathering.  Jack and Toni have been well aware of our Czech connections over the years.
Versailles Hall of Mirrors
A quick plane ride from Prague to Paris and, Voila, the City of Lights.  We had a couple nights downtown and then transferred to their apartment some 13 miles outside Paris... a bedroom community of the great city.  Since it was only an hour bus/train commute downtown, we spent the rest of the visit on day trips downtown.  We had been to Paris about 15 years earlier but were then travel neophytes and did the usual tourist things.... this time was quite different in that we integrated into the  spirit of the city and enjoyed our time together.  Hope you enjoy the selfies as much as we enjoyed doing them.










1 comment:

  1. "I have your check!" too funny. I bet you guys are not going to want to come home!

    ReplyDelete